Is Cycle Touring one of the best ways to travel with your pet?
Out four-legged friends theme week continues on the Zero To Travel Podcast.
Today you’ll hear from Jen and Dave of Long Haul Trekkers. They quit their jobs and decided to bike around the world with their dog Sora! They’ll teach you plenty about International Travel with a dog.
Talk about high-quality of life for all parties involved.
Plus, you won’t believe how far one dog traveled to find its way home.
- Why Cycle Touring is so much better than sitting behind a desk
- How to Save money for a Cycle Touring trip
- How to Make money for a trip (critical mindset shift and common tactics)
- Why leaving your ‘dream job’ to travel may be the right decision
- How much to budget per day on a Cycle Tour
- International rules for traveling with a pet
- The best ways to prepare your pet for international travel (and how much time it will take)
- Best ways to deal with International veterinary services (hopefully it won’t come to this)
- How to prepare yourself for ‘unprovoked assaults’ from other animals
- Must-have’s when traveling with a pet (and some required items)
- And so much more..
Scroll down to see some shots of Jen, Dave, and Sora biking around the world!
Resources from the show:
- WWOOF- Live and Learn on Organic Farms
- Location Indie
- Guinness World Records
- Long Haul Trekkers
- The Automatic Millionaire
- Warm Showers
- Couch Surfing
- Rose City Veterinary Hospital
- How to travel with your dog from the US to Europe
- Pet Travel
- USDA- Animal Import and Export
- Going to the Veterinarian Abroad- 6 Easy Steps
- Burley Design
Cycle Tour/Bike Ride Zero To Travel Podcasts
- Personal & Meaningful Journeys By Bicycle: Epic Bike Rides With Tom Allen
- Riding 16,000 Miles Blind
- How To Have An Adventure On Any Budget: Epic Bike Rides With Alastair Humphreys
- Adventure Cycle Touring Guide
- How to Design Your Bike Trip & The Future of Adventure Cycle Touring
- How To Live Your Nomad Dream: One Family’s Epic Bike Ride
- How To Become a Professional Adventurer & Inspirational Tales From Two Wheels: Epic Bike Rides With Leon McCarron
- Solo Adventure Cycling Around The World: Epic Bike Rides With Shrine Taylor
- No Pants. No Money. No Bike. No Problem! Epic Bike Rides With George Mahood
Search the Zero To Travel archives for some past podcasts including those mentioned in the show: WWOOFing, International House Sitting, Patagonia.
* Amazon references contain affiliate links – if you decide to purchase anything through those links I’ll receive a small commission at no extra charge and you’ll be supporting my work. Thanks!
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!