It’s day three of #EpicBikeRides! To catch up on the series so far, check out the episodes below.
- Solo Adventure Cycling Around The World: Epic Bike Rides With Shirine Taylor
- No Pants. No Money. No Bike. No Problem! Epic Bike Rides With George Mahood
To celebrate Epic Bike Rides Week, I’ve put together an exciting competition. How do you feel about winning a FREE six-month membership with the Adventure Cycling Association?
For your chance to win, all you need to do is use the hashtag #EpicBikeRides on Facebook or Twitter, sharing a link to your favorite Zero To Travel podcast episode from this week, and explaining why you liked it. Easy!
In today’s interview, I speak with Tom Allen, a filmmaker, adventure cyclist, author, and huge advocate for bike touring.
We talk about what it’s like to cycle the length of England with no money, how much preparation you need to do before going on a bike trip, and the impact of perception on risk.
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- Why Tom started traveling
- How Tom’s trip changed him
- Why Tom chose to travel by bike
- How much Tom spent on each day of his trip
- How Tom prepared for his trip
- Tom’s expectations before the trip compared to how things turned out
- Tom’s take on risk
- The best way to start adventure cycling
- What it’s like to live with no money
- How having a mission and being vulnerable changes how people respond to you
- How to handle stress on the road
- The differences between solo and group travel
- The only three things you need for a bike trip
* Tom and Leon (another #epicbikerides week guest) remaking 2 new films! Want to help out? You can support their Kickstarter here.
- Tom’s Bike Trip
- Essential Gear for Adventure Cycling
- Janapar – Love on a Bike
- How To Quit Your Job and Travel the World
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!