What is your current relationship with ‘happiness”‘? How does travel affect your happiness and why? What roles do contentment, purpose, & gratitude play in your daily habits?
Happiness may feel like the fabled Phoenix that rises, burns bright, and then turns to ashes but have you been possibly looking at it the wrong way and with the wrong intentions?
Today’s guest, Will Rickard, is the author of The Silk Road To Happiness which took him to Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Afghanistan over 3 months in the pursuit of happiness and its meaning.
Will left a corporate dream job to embark on a journey both in travel and within himself and came out of it with a perspective that non-travelers may never know.
You’ll hear about his adventures in the ‘Stans, how being enthusiastic is important & different from passion, and the 5 things that constitute a good life. Break free from your slump in pursuit of your happiness!
If you were to pursue your happiness, where would that take you? Share your thoughts by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Athletic Greens which have helped me immensely in feeling better and getting healthier.
Tune In To Learn:
- 12:55 From Crisis Of Self To Booking A Ticket
- 21:30 Double Dipping On The Australian Gap Year
- 25:30 Your Frame Of Reference Is Only What Is In Front Of You
- 27:10 Balancing Discontent & Gratitude with The Pursuit Of More
- 33:30 Differences In Pursuing More via Purpose vs Consumerism
- 35:50 The Goal Worthy Of Striving For
- 39:30 What Is Happiness?
- 41:15 The Silk Road & How It Changed His Perspective
- 44:15 The Five Things That Constitute A Good Life (In Respect To Happiness)
- 52:45 The Heroin Highway Experience
- 56:30 There Is A Reason It Is Practiced For 100’s Of Years
- 01:01:40 The Fight For Purpose & A Fear Of Change
- 01:03:30 The Non-Negotiable: Gratitude
- 01:10:00 Why Should You Go To The ‘Stans
- 01:12:00 Where Did This All Take You
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Athletic Greens – Today’s Sponsor For This Episode
- Read Will’s book The Silk Road To Happiness
- Follow Will on Instagram | LinkedIn
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- The power Of Death In Life with Gentle Rebel Bronnie Ware
- How To Add More Play Into Your Life w/ Jeff Harry
- Sweet Ass Strategies For Achieving Anything Fast w/ Heath Armstrong
Please head over to the archives for more Zero To Travel podcasts!
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!