Have you ever dreamed of campervanning around Europe? Have you ever wanted to plan a remote work retreat for yourself or your organization?
Today I’m joined by Chase Warrington, host of the About Abroad podcast, to talk about his experience campervanning around Europe and planning remote work retreats that create meaningful connections.
Chase Warrington is an American expat living in Europe with his wife and dog. He’s the Head of Remote at Doist, a leading remote-first company with teammates spreading across 35+ countries, and has been named a LinkedIn Top Voice for Remote Work. After calling half a dozen countries home, Chase is passionate about the future of work and its impact on global mobility, as well as making location independence the new standard and helping others build a life without borders.
In the first half of this episode, Chase dispels the glamourized version of vanlife and shares the reality of this lifestyle. He provides plenty of actionable tips on campervanning in Europe, including how to buy and sell a campervan (even if you aren’t a resident), the benefits of road-tripping around Europe, and options available for European residency.
As the retreat planner for Doist, Chase also shares his favorite up-and-coming retreat destinations and his advice for creating successful remote work retreats. If you’re a solopreneur or traveler working remotely, Chase’s advice can be applied to create your own mini-retreat to recharge and escape your daily routine.
Is vanlife for you? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- How Chase builds connections while traveling and his transition from nomad to expat
- Chase’s first vanlife experience and tips for buying campervans in Europe
- Chase’s preferred way of travel and the importance of structuring trips around what works for you
- The best hubs for vanlife and Chase’s favorite campervan resources
- What to consider when purchasing a van and the reality of vanlife
- The cost of vans and what you can expect to pay for parking
- Chase’s favorite places to explore by van
- Advice on living with someone in close-quarters
- How easy it is to resell campervans as a tourist
- Why Chase left Spain and the decision to become a permanent resident
- Chase’s role at Doist and how he builds connections through retreats
- Tips for creating a successful remote work retreat
- The top 5 places Chase recommends for retreats and why
- Key takeaways for fostering a remote work culture
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsor
- Connect with Chase on LinkedIn, Twitter
- Listen to the About Abroad Podcast
- Read about remote work on the Doist blog
- Download park4night
- How To Campervan In New Zealand
- Campervan Therapy
- How To Navigate Life Changes Gracefully, Full Time RVing, and Finding Courage Through Travel w/ Geri Suster
- RV’ing Across America: A Quest To Visit All 50 States w/ Alyssa Padgett
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!