Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live without regrets?
Today I am joined by author, speaker, and nomad, Geri Suster, to deep dive into her newest book Graceful Exits: Making the Case for Getting Good at Goodbye, and learn how to build skills in navigating exits and preventing regretful goodbyes.
In 2017 Geri sold her seaside home and all her belongings to travel the United States in a 33’ Class A RV with her 2 dogs. Life on the road gave Geri the confidence and space to realize her calling to write a book geared toward helping others find grace in making difficult exits. She has since traded in her RV for a self-converted sprinter van and found a home base in Bend, Oregon but is gearing up to hit the road again to spread the word about Graceful Exits. Want Geri Suster to come to your town? Reach out!
If you have ever regretted how something ended, you will not want to miss this episode. Geri gives practical advice for preventing difficult goodbyes, shares the top questions to ask yourself before any exit, explains why travel gave her the courage to follow her dreams, and so much more.
Is there an exit you wish you could have done differently? I’d love to hear about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Zero to Travel is sponsored by BetterHelp online therapy, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services. Today’s episode is also brought to you by The North Face – providing athlete-tested Jackets proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com. We are also supported by US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card, get 4 X points on eating out and 2 X points on groceries, entertainment services, and gas or EV charge stations. Apply today at usbank.com/altitudego to get 20,000 points by spending $1000 in your first 90 days.
Tune In To Learn:
- How Geri knew Bend, Oregon would be her new home base after many years on the road
- What caused Geri to leave her corporate career and seaside home behind
- Why travel can show you what you sometimes cannot see otherwise
- The bad lay-off experience that led Geri to the idea for her new book
- What it feels like to sell everything and hit the road for the first time
- The biggest challenges of living full-time in an RV (and downsizing to a van)
- Why a mission to say “yes” guided Geri’s first year of travels and reasons for slowing down her second year
- How traveling gave Geri the courage she needed to write her first book
- How to define exits and avoid common mistakes in making them
- Advice about how to gracefully leave your job
- What to do when you have a relationship that needs to end/change
- Essential questions to ask yourself before making an exit
- The untold beauty of being present for the final exit
- Unexpected lessons Geri learned from writing Graceful Exits
- Why you should follow your calling despite uncertainty
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- BetterHelp, The North Face, US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsors
- Get your copy of Graceful Exits today
- Take the Exit Intelligence Quiz to learn more about how you can improve your exit skills
- Learn more about Geri’s upcoming projects
- Follow Geri Suster on Instagram & Facebook
- Want Geri to come to your town? Reach out!
- Campervan Therapy
- Making Travel Dreams Happen On The Fly
- Lifestyle Design and Beating Your Own Path with Marc Freccero
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!