Have you ever dreamt of traveling to a country that is considered dangerous but held back on making plans because of safety concerns?
After spending the past 12 years living nomadically, Bjorn Palsson (founder of Crazy Puffin Adventures), has collected a wealth of knowledge about how to be a safety-conscious traveler anywhere in the world. By seeking out new, uncomfortable, and uncommon experiences, Bjorn has lived in rural Kenya, studied to be a safari guide in South Africa, hitchhiked through Iran and Pakistan, and even launched his own travel business.
This week’s episode is filled with nuggets of insight from Bjorn’s travels that you will not want to miss. We talk about, the balance needed when living on the road, what solo travel can teach you about yourself, how to manage m money as a traveler, why sometimes it’s okay to abandon your dream, and so much more.
What is a dream you’ve let go of in order to pivot and progress in life? I’d love to hear about how it turned out and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Expedia’s new podcast, Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip. This episode is also brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
Tune In To Learn:
- 14:30 What it was like growing up in a small Icelandic town
- 17:00 The first time Bjorn experienced culture shock
- 19:00 How siblings and Icelandic culture influenced Bjorn’s travel interest early on
- 23:00 Origins of becoming nomadic for 12 years
- 26:15 Finding a balance when nomadic
- 30:05 How to enjoy life and save money
- 31:20 What it’s like to go to school to become a Safari guide
- 33:30 Why seeking discomfort was a motivation for Bjorn’s early travels
- 37:00 The appeal of traveling in dangerous countries
- 40:20 What it was like to hitchhike through Afghanistan
- 44:00 Bjorn’s top tips for traveling in dangerous countries
- 59:40 How to handle money in a country without ATMs
- 1:03:00 Why Bjorn’s first trip was the most adventurous and what he’s learned from solo travel
- 1:04:40 The origins of Crazy Puffin Adventures and upcoming trips you can join
- 1:10:10 Bjorn’s best day of travel over the past 12 years
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Out Travel The System & Better Help, – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Bjorn’s website
- Follow Crazy Puffin Adventures on Instagram
- Check out the Global Peace Index
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- Travel Safety Tips: Staying Safe On The Road
- Lessons From Traveling to 193 Countries While Working Ful Time w/ Brian Asher
- Independent Travel Gold With Graham Hughes
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!