Today, I’m joined by Too Fly Foundation Co-Founder and Director of Brand Strategy Brandon Miller to learn how his transformative travel experiences led to his work in travel inclusion and creating a world where every student has the opportunity to travel.
The Too Fly Foundation is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide passports, travel grants, and educational experiences for students in underresourced communities.
In this episode, Brandon shares why it’s important not only for their students to see the world but for the world to see their students. We talk about the challenges of travel for these communities, how he went from a fun idea with friends in a bar to advocating for systemic change, and their experience on The Kelly Clarkson Show. This conversation offers valuable perspectives on supporting travel equity, fostering inclusion, and always staying curious.
How can you bring awareness to travel equity and inclusion on your adventures? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you’ll share them by sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click here to try Premium Passport for only $1.
Tune In To Learn:
- The mission and vision of Too Fly Foundation and how his own privilege inspired its creation
- The impact of studying abroad and how he viewed his home country differently after having those experiences
- The barriers to travel for underserved communities and the “Too Fly Why” that fuels their work
- The story of how he went from “turning up for a cause” to building a nonprofit
- How he blends having a full-time career with running his foundation
- Why being on The Kelly Clarkson Show and meeting Tyler Perry was an inflection point of their work
- How travelers can create and bring awareness to travel inclusion and equity
- His biggest takeaways from running an organization
- What he learned from a stranger’s random act of kindness and his advice for anyone traveling abroad
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Today’s Sponsors – Airbnb, US Bank, Land Rover, Holafly
- Donate to Too Fly Foundation
- Follow Too Fly Foundation on Instagram
- Watch Brandon’s interview on The Kelly Clarkson Show
- How To Solve Big Problems, Making An Impact, Growing Up Around The World w/ Chesca Colloredo-Mansfeld from Miracle Feet
- World Tour for Climate Change: Hitchhiking, Biking, and Low-Carbon Travel With Megan Routbort
- Walking 300 Miles In Medieval Armor + Being The Change w/ Lewis Kirkbride
Thanks To Our Sponsors
- Sometimes, it just makes more sense. Book your next group stay with Airbnb!
- This episode is also sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
- You’re up for any challenge that comes your way, and the Land Rover Defender 110 is too. Learn more at landroverusa.com/defender.
- Stay connected wherever you go with Holafly’s eSIM. Get 5% off when you go to esim.holafly.com and use the promo code ZEROTOTRAVEL.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!