How far would you go to make a difference for a cause/charity?
Lewis Kirkbride combined his passion for mental health advocacy & his love of Middle Ages battle & combat to create an epic challenge where he walked 310 miles in Medieval armor in 19 days from York to Battle, where the Battle of Hastings was fought in 1066.
Tune in to this episode to discover the “why’s” behind such an arduous journey, how being a part of a supporting community can have mental health benefits that are far-reaching, and the crippling effects that toxic masculinity has on men the world over.
What will you do with your power that will help others? I would love to hear your thoughts by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons. We also have my favorite language learning tool back as a sponsor and that is Pimsleur. This program is used by millions of people and is so much more exciting, engaging and it works!
Tune In To Learn:
- 11:25 Lewis’ Bond With Charities
- 13:35 What Was The 1066 Battle Walk
- 20:20 The Birth Of A Crazy Idea
- 28:45 Why Is It So Hard To Talk About Mental Health
- 34:20 The Gap In Services For Men’s Mental Health + The Terrifying Stats
- 37:20 A Travel Adventure In Your Own Country
- 45:00 Mix of Pre-Planning & The Kindness of Strangers
- 46:10 The Power Of The Stories Of Those Met Along The Way
- 49:50 How The Darkest Places Can Turn You Into The Brightest Light
- 53:15 What Does Medieval Armor Consist Of & What Was It Like Walking In It
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Wildly Goods & Pimsleur – Today’s Sponsors
- WakeHereward Project
- Check out ManHealth Mental Health Charity
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- What It Takes To Build A School w/ Adam Braun
- Australia Through Indigenous Eyes
- Ethical Animal Travel w/ Melisa Beveridge
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!