Do you want to create your own path and build a life around your passions?
Today I’m joined by author Tony Fletcher to talk about his experience interviewing music legends and his lessons from backpacking the world.
Tony has lived an incredible life, building a career around his passion for writing and music. He’s conducted over 1,000 interviews and has written several best-selling biographies of famous musicians like Keith Moon, Wilson Pickett, R.E.M., and The Smiths.
In this episode, Tony shares what it was like to run a fanzine at 13 and the importance of getting out of your comfort zone. He gives valuable insight on how to connect with others on a deeper level, how travel can lead to profound reflection, and his #1 tip for maximizing your next travel experience.
Do you have a life-changing travel moment? I’d love to hear your story and hope you will share it by sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1
Tune in to Learn:
- Tony’s experience living in New York City and writing a book on the music scene
- How Tony discovered his passion for writing and what led to starting a fanzine
- What it was like to interview Paul McCartney
- How to open up conversation and create deeper connections
- Tony’s life-changing experience at Burning Man and backpacking the world with his family
- How travel can force reflection and transformation
- The importance of living outside your comfort zone and what writing has taught Tony
- What he misses the most about British culture
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Today’s Sponsor, Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
- Visit Tony’s website
- Follow Tony on Instagram
- Listen to the One Step Beyond podcast
- Travel as a Force for Good, the Role of Travel Media, and Uncrowded Destinations to Visit with AFAR Co-Founder Greg Sullivan
- Following Inspiration Towards A Life Of Travel with Mark and Steffi (The World’s Only Chapman Stick Duo)
- Immersion Travel: Becoming A Porter In Nepal w/ Nate Menninger
Thanks to our Sponsor
- This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!
Want to Travel More?
You need a plan. Sign up to access this mini-course, get exclusive content and join our amazing community of travelers. It’s all FREE!