Have you ever wanted to create your own path toward travel?
Today I’m joined by Mark White and Steffi Barthel to learn about the inspiring moments that led them to a life of travel, adventure, love, and music.
Mark and Steffi met in a small town on the east coast of Australia in November 2016. After traveling together for six months, Mark decided to share his passion with Steffi and taught her to play the Chapman Stick. They now travel around the globe as the world’s only Chapman Stick duo, sharing their music and making a difference.
If you’re looking for that spark of inspiration to start living life on your own terms, this episode is for you. Mark and Steffi share their unconventional approach to earning a living on the road, their advice for international couples, how music connects them as a couple and to the cultures around them, and so much more.
How can you take an unconventional approach to incorporate more travel into your life? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- How Mark and Steffi met, their unique engagement story, and advice for international couples
- How Mark discovered the Chapman stick and the epiphany that led him to busk
- Why Steffi started playing the Chapman Stick and how music was their answer for staying together
- What they do to maintain discipline on the road
- How their relationship has grown through music
- Why they chose to busk instead of taking the stage
- Why busking allows them to form deeper connections to cultures
- Their experience playing in different cities and their favorite places to travel
- Why travel inspires their songwriting
- How they give back to the environment through their music
- How they learned to embrace their identities as artists and deal with skepticism
- The importance of staying true to yourself and choosing the uncommon path
- Tips for van life in Europe and their favorite apps to use on the road
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsor
- Grab a copy of Cascade’s new album
- Follow @cascademelodies on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube
- Book flights with Skyscanner, Google Flights
- Download park4night (Europe), iOverlander (United States), CamperMate (New Zealand, Australia)
- Find accommodations through Hostelworld, Agoda, Booking.com
- Couplepreneur Conundrums with Nick and Gen
- Leaving A Comfortable Life For Travel w/ Cassie And Nate
- 7 Pro Tips For Finding A Perfect Work/Life/Travel Balance w/ Kelly Claus & Jeremy Enns
- From $70K In Debt To World Travel w/ Annette and Daniel Fortner
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!