What effect do you want your travels to have on the world?
Today I’m joined by Co-Founder and CEO of AFAR, Greg Sullivan.
AFAR is an award-winning travel media brand making a positive impact on the world through high-quality storytelling that inspires, empowers, and enriches travelers who care.
In this episode, Greg gives us his take on the state of travel, the roles and responsibilities of travel media, and how travel is a force for good. He shares the destinations you should consider visiting before they get too crowded and business advice for working remotely and getting started in the travel industry.
Has travel made you more empathetic? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1
Tune in to Learn:
- Why Greg dropped everything to go back to school and his experience studying abroad in his 40s
- The conclusions he came to through studying philosophy and ethics and how travel is the best teacher of all
- Greg’s core values as an individual and how travel influences your ethics
- How AFAR came to be and the transformative trip that sparked this journey
- The early days of AFAR and the challenges of running a magazine
- The meaning behind their mission of travel as a force for good
- When travel media does more harm than good and the biggest issues in travel media and tourism
- When it’s better to stay home
- How AI will change the industry
- Greg’s experience with failure and advice for working remotely, managing a distributed team, and scaling a company
- His thoughts on living in balance and protecting your time
- Advice for finding your place in the travel industry
- Choosing to visit places during moments of radical change
- Destinations that exceeded Greg’s expectations and a moment that changed his thoughts on travel
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Check out AFAR Magazine
- Listen to the Unpacked by AFAR podcast
- Top 5 Countries for Solo Travelers, the Future of Tourism, and Making an Impact with Matt Berna from Intrepid Travel
- Sustainable Travel 101 (How to be a Better Traveler) w/ Richard Hammond
- 3 Travel Trends You Should Know w/ Paige McClanahan
Photo by Alif Ngoylung on Unsplash
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!
Want to Travel More?
You need a plan. Sign up to access this mini-course, get exclusive content and join our amazing community of travelers. It’s all FREE!