Have you ever wondered what it would be like to connect with your heritage?
Today I am joined by ex-pat and street photographer, Taro Moberly, to learn about how a short-term trip to learn about his roots turned into 7+ years of living in Kyoto, Japan.
Taro’s passion for photography took flight when he moved from California to Japan in 2015. While it was originally just a way to share life with family and friends in the states, it quickly became a way to express how he sees the world and inspire others to travel.
If you have ever wanted to visit Japan, you will not want to miss this episode. Taro shares places and experiences you can’t miss, his biggest takeaways from being immersed in a different culture, tips for learning languages in a new country, and so much more.
Where would you travel to connect with your heritage? I’d love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- What it was like to grow up in San Francisco
- Why Taro was inspired by photography at an early age
- How Taro uses photography to communicate as an introvert
- The reason Taro decided to move to Japan full-time and how he secured a job
- Resources for people who are interested in teaching English in Japan
- What it’s like to live in Kyoto Japan
- Unique customs in the structure of daily life in Japan
- Why Taro misses small talk
- The essentials things you must do and see when visiting Kyoto
- Tips for learning the language of a new country
- What Taro has learned about his heritage through living in Kyoto
- Lessons gained from living in a different culture
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsor
- Check out Taro’s Photography
- Purchase a copy of In Kyoto
- Follow @taromoberly on Instagram
- JET Program and Interac Network
- The Ultimate Guide To Budget Travel In Japan: Destination Discovery Series
- How A Pilgrimage Can Transform Your Life w/ Paul Barach
- Travel Photography 101 with Travis Longmore
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!