Traveling abroad had such an impact on Rick early on, that he chose to dedicate his life to helping others see the world.
In 1976, he launched Rick Steves’ Europe and, over time, built a travel empire along with a community of raving fans (including me!). His best-selling guidebook series, public television show, public radio show, syndicated travel column, small group tours, free resources, and other media all align with his core mission to help people get out and travel Europe.
Rick has had a huge influence on me, both personally and professionally. His recommendations helped shape some of my early trips to Europe, ultimately leading to my life of travel. Rick also showed me it was possible to craft a career around my passion for helping others travel the world.
Needless to say, he’s been a dream guest for me, and it was an absolute honor to chat with him and share this conversation with you today.
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1
Tune in to Learn:
- How Rick’s trip to Norway at 14 years old transformed him forever
- What he learned from his first time off the road in decades during the pandemic
- Why Rick encouraged people to rip out pages of one of his guidebooks
- How the idea of “cronocentrism” can help to inform your travels
- Our mutual love for “stolen” sandwiches
- His thoughts on ethical travel in the era of climate change
- Rick’s advice for getting out of your comfort zone as an experienced traveler
- The best lesson his parents ever taught him (which also doubles as great business advice)
- The joy of Rick’s work and how he uses his platform for change
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Today’s Sponsor, Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
- Follow Rick on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
- Learn more about Rick Steves Europe
- Download the Rick Steves Audio Europe app
- Travel as a Force for Good, the Role of Travel Media, and Uncrowded Destinations to Visit with AFAR Co-Founder Greg Sullivan
- Biking the World For Climate Change w/ Devi Lockwood
- Discovering The Hidden Europe with Francis Tapon
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!
Want to Travel More?
You need a plan. Sign up to access this mini-course, get exclusive content and join our amazing community of travelers. It’s all FREE!