How does hearing someone else’s story change the way you think about the world?
Today I am joined by author and climate change activist Devi Lockwood to talk about the story-fueled cycling journey that brought her to 20 countries, spanning 6 continents, and eventually lead her to write her first book, 1001 Voices on Climate Change.
If you love story-telling or have ever wondered what it’d be like to do a 5-year bike tour, then you do not want to miss this episode. Devi shares the roots of her inspiration, how she turned her vision into a reality, insights she gained along the way, and so much more.
Do you have a passion project that has influenced your travels? I’d love to hear more about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- 08:40 How a walk around the block turned into a 5-year journey
- 16:50 The importance of surrendering to the flow in travel and life
- 19:00 What allowed Devi to step out of her comfort zone
- 23:40 Why holding space for stories is important
- 26:35 The power of making the first move
- 28:30 Stories from the road
- 33:15 Devi’s best advice for making an impact on climate change
- 36:30 How Devi prepared for her first 800-mile bike tour
- 41:10 Why solo travel is the most social way to see the world
- 45:00 Devi’s favorite destinations on and off the bike
- 53:00 Lessons about listening & why inviting fear helps you overcome it
- 58:30 What’s next for Devi
- 01:00:30 Advice on finding funding for your passion project
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Get a copy of 1001 Voices on Climate Change
- Check out Devi’s Website
- Learn more about Devi’s Journey in writing the book
- Location Indie
- Is Your Summer Vacation Destroying The Planet? w/ Seth Kugel
- Solo Adventure Cycling Around The World: Epic Bike Rides With Shirine Taylor
- Antarctica: Living And Working On The Frozen Continent w/ Leah & Zach
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!