Do you ever stop to ponder the role your personal identity and culture play in your travel experience? How about the role travel plays in your identity and culture?
This week travel expert, vlogger, speaker, and influencer, Ravi Roth, shares the unique insight he’s gained in traveling to 34 countries with the goal of exploring and embracing Queer culture for his new travel series Ravi Round The World.
Listen now to get a first-hand account of how Queer culture and Pride have manifested throughout the world, learn about some of the best destinations and must-do festivals around the globe, gain insight into the ever-changing meaning and experience surrounding Pride, and be inspired to make a difference in the world.
How have you come to understand your own identity better through the lens of travel? I’d love to hear your insights and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
This episode is also sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip. Today’s episode is also sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons.
Tune In To Learn:
- 11:00 What Ravi’s 14-year old self would say about his life today
- 13:20 The transition from growing up in small-town Pennsylvania to a life of travel
- 17:15 Why connecting with the locals can fuel your passion for travel
- 19:30 What inspired Ravi’s Road to Pride
- 24:50 How the meaning of Pride is constantly evolving
- 27:30 Ravi’s advice surrounding safe travel and mindfulness as a Queer traveler
- 31:30 Surprising discoveries about Queer culture around the world
- 33:30 Finding balance between work and travel when travel is your job
- 36:20 The key elements of a good story
- 38:30 Memorable off-camera experiences
- 43:10 How can the average person be an ally and support the LGBTQ+ community
- 45:40 Advice for the younger generation and Ravi’s own coming out experience
- 50:10 Ravi’s Top places to travel, best festivals, & more tips
- 56:30 Reflections on what is really important in life
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card & Wildly Goods – Today’s Sponsors
- Check Ravi’s website
- Watch Ravi Round the World & The Gaycation Travel Show
- Follow Ravi Roth on Instagram
- Location Indie
- How Travel Can Improve Your Mental Health w/ Gilad Gamiel
- Personal Freedom, Creativity, and Capturing Travel with Simon Mulvaney
- How Words Can Shape Your Life w/ Stephanie James
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!