Welcome my friend Simon Mulvaney, a brilliant travel filmmaker who has taken what he is most passionate about and uses his creative inspiration to make beautiful works of art just for the love of creating. We discuss how travel and film can change you especially when put together, the importance of passion projects, why cameras create curiosity, and we even get into the gear he uses so that you can start creating as well.
What do you naturally gravitate towards? How do those play into your current or future travels? Let me know in the comments below!
Tune In To Learn:
- 9:25 How Films Can Transport You Different Places & Inspire
- 10:55 Film Styles & Representing Places
- 18:05 Why Filmmaking & How Did It Start For Simon
- 22:40 How The Camera Creates Curiosity
- 29:30 Why Travel & How Much It Costs
- 35:05 Why Are Stories Important
- 38:00 Ways To Ask Permission To Film Or Take A Photo
- 42:20 Digital Nomadism & Returning Home
- 51:10 Finding Yourself Through Travel & Passion Projects
- 55:15 Travel Gear & Minimalism
- And so much more!
- Find Out More About Simon at SMulvaney.tv
- Follow Simon on Vimeo | Instagram | YouTube | Twitter
- Being British
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- How To Start A Travel Vlog Worth Watching
- How To Start A Travel Blog: An Honest Guide
- Location Independent Business
- Lessons From “Failing” To Go Location Independent with Paul Lam
- 5 Ways To Grow Your Location Independent Business with Natalie Sisson
- Location Independent Tips From A Full-Time Freelancer + Making Less & Traveling More
Please head over to the archives for more Zero To Travel podcasts!
*This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!