I got the chance to sit down with one of Norway’s biggest rock legends, Øystein Greni from the band Big Bang, and record today’s awesome podcast (pre-COVID of course). We get into songwriting, where creativity comes from, how expectations can screw things up, and the touring lifestyle plus how skateboarding in his youth was a catalyst to his rock n roll future. All of this and more in today’s episode so buckle up, strap in and listen to the pearls of wisdom from this rock icon.
Who are your favorite musicians and where are they from? How have your expectations actually screwed things up? Where does your creativity come from? Send me an audio message or shoot me an email over at Jason@ZeroToTravel.com.
Tune In To Learn:
- 05:20 Where Are We?
- 07:50 Music Runs In Your Blood
- 11:20 Skateboarding & Life Lessons
- 22:40 Finding Your Love For Music
- 28:00 Facing Your Ego & Songwriting
- 30:45 The Relationship Between Skateboarding & Music
- 33:00 The Unwritten Rule
- 36:00 What To Do When You Are Lacking Support
- 37:45 Where Does Creativity Come From
- 39:05 How To Know When A Song Is Done
- 42:15 Your Relationships With Songs
- 46:45 The Art Of Touring & Traveling
- 54:30 Los Angeles vs Norway
- 58:20 What Does Home Feel Like
- 01:01:05 Writing New Songs & What’s Next
- And so much more
- Bigbang website
- Bigbang Facebook | Instagram
- Email me at Jason@ZeroToTravel.com
- Location Indie
- Zero To Travel
- Cultivating Your Creativity Through Travel w/ Jillian & Chris
- Personal Freedom, Creativity & Capturing Travel w/ Simon Mulvaney
- The Spiritual Journey + Travel & Creativity w/ Karan Bajaj
Please head over to the archives for more Zero To Travel podcasts!
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!