Have you ever wished you could improve your storytelling skills surrounding travel?
This week I am joined by travel journalist and friend to the show, Oneika Raymond to talk about the art of storytelling, what it’s like to be a travel journalist, and how her nomadic life has changed over the years.
Oneika has visited 120 Countries over 6 continents and is on a mission to educate, empower and encourage exploration. She started her career as a secondary school teacher, eventually becoming an award-winning journalist, speaker, podcast host, and Emmy-winning television host.
If you love the spirit of wanderlust, then you don’t want to miss this episode. We talk about why you should take an adult gap year, advice on what it takes to tell a great story, the top 3 cities you must visit, why completion is more important than perfection, factors to consider if you’re considering settling down, and so much more.
What are your favorite stories from traveling? I’d love to hear a few and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is brought to you by The North Face – providing athlete-tested Jackets proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Today’s episode is also sponsored by US Bank Visa Platinum Card, perfect for large purchases, unexpected expenses, and balance transfers. To see if you qualify for the lowest APR out there, visit usbank.com/platinum today. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com. We also proudly support the About the Journey podcast. Host Oneka Raymond takes you around North America to answer the question what does it mean to travel better? Search for About the Journey today wherever you get your podcasts!
Tune In To Learn:
- Why Oneika has slowed down her pace of travel and which countries she keeps revisiting
- What motivated Oneika and her husband to settle in Miami after an adult gap year
- The difference between being nomadic and being an ex-pat
- The key factors to consider when looking for a place to settle down
- Why the U.S. inspires Oneika as an entrepreneur
- The elements required to tell a good story
- How to understand and connect with your audience as a storyteller
- Why its necessary to be adaptable when telling a story
- The importance of having humility when storytelling
- Similarities between entrepreneurship and traveling
- Advice about being a successful entrepreneur
- Why completion is more important than perfection
- How to fake it till you make it and overcome imposter syndrome
- The hack that will help you use people as inspiration rather than intimidation
- Travel advice from a long-time nomad
- The best and worst parts about being a TV personality
- Which 3 cities Oneika says everyone should visit
- 3 Books everyone needs to read
- Oneika’s most treasured travel memories
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- The North Face, US Bank Visa Platinum Card,& About the Journey – Today’s Sponsors
- Learn more about Oneika’s projects
- Check out Oneika’s travels
- Follow Oneika on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
- The 2022 Travel Vanguard
- The Slow Travel Philosophy + Traveling As A Black Woman with Oneika Raymond
- A Soulful Southern Road Trip: About The Journey With Oneika Raymond
- Travel Role Models and The Minority Nomad w/ Erick Prince
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!