Have you ever wanted to promote your ideas, brand, or business but felt unsure about where to start?
Today I am joined by digital nomad, world sailor, and PR specialist, Erin Carey, to discuss how she transitioned from the corporate rat race to being a fully location-independent entrepreneur, as well as tips on getting media coverage to grow your business.
If you have ever wondered what it’s like to lean into opportunity and embrace life to its fullest, you do not want to miss this episode. Erin unveils the basics of do-it-yourself PR, how to execute big life changes, why it’s important to get comfortable with the uncomfortable, and so much more.
What is something that has motivated you to make changes in your life? I’d love to hear more about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
This episode is brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services. Today’s episode is also brought to you by the US Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature Card, earn 5% cash back for doing what you love, and visit their website to discover how you can get a $200 cashback bonus.
Tune In To Learn:
- What it was like to grow up in Wagga Wagga and how it inspired a future of sailing
- Why working for the Department of Defense helped Erin start her PR firm
- The seemingly normal weeknight that changed the trajectory of Erin’s life
- What it was like to go back to work after a 2-year sabbatical
- The biggest challenges of living in a boat with 3 kids
- What it’s like to do a long ocean passage and how to prepare
- How to conduct your own PR and why you should invest your time in it
- The difference between advertising and public relations
- A step by step guide to “do it yourself” PR
- How to tell a compelling story and find media coverage
- Practical hacks for tracking down the right person to talk to
- Advice for anyone who wants to make a big life change
- My biggest takeaways from Erin’s story
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Better Help & US Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Roam Generation
- Download Stand Out In The Crowd
- Follow Erin on LinkedIn
- Check out SignalHire
- The Paradise Pack
- Location Indie
- How to Create a Successful App, Travel by Sailboat, and the Lifestyle Entrepreneur’s Mindset w. Dane Homenick
- Enjoy the Process of Everything with Dylan Magaster
- How to Go Sailing Around the World
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!