On today’s show, we are talking all about sailing (queue Christopher Cross’ song ‘Sailing’) with some of the best experts out there with over a decade of experience. We will be covering how much it costs, the best places to learn, why it’s a great way to travel, the dangers and how to stay safe, and what life at sea is truly like in the day-to-day. If you have ever had the inclination to get out of your workaday life and explore the world via the oceans then this episode is your one-stop-shop. Let’s get those sea legs ready for an adventure!
Brian Trautman of SVDelos.com turned an 18-month sailing trip into 11 years of sailing with stops in 6 continents and 45 countries and is still going.
Where would be the first place you would want to sail? Has this episode inspired you to look into getting your sailing license? Let me know in the comments!
Tune In To Learn:
- [13:00] Sailing + Kids = Life-Changing
- [15:35] How It All Started
- [25:50] Shedding The Guilt
- [28:50] Total Self Reliance
- [32:05] 365 Days A Year & Why Sailing
- [35:45] Advice On How To Get Started Sailing & Where To Learn
- [46:00] Planning A Trip Around The World
- [51:30] How Does It Work When You Arrive Somewhere?
- [56:30] Dangers
- [1:01:00] Sailing Community
- [1:03:35] How To Find A Crew & Longest Stretches
- [1:08:30] What About The Costs
- [1:11:45] Work / Sailing Balance
- [1:13:45] What Life Will Be Like For The Baby On The Boat
- [1:18:55] Most Proud Of So Far
- And so much more!
- Follow Brian & SVDelos on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
- Chasing Bubbles Documentary
- World Cruising Routes Book
- Required Reading On Delos
- The Complete Sailing Manual
- Camp Indie
- How To Take Cheap Alaska Cruises
- How To Get A Job On A Cruise Ship
- When Should You Go “All In” On Something?
Please head over to the archives for more Zero To Travel podcasts!
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!