Have you ever found yourself asking “what’s next” after a major life change or shift in identity?
Digital Nomad and entrepreneur, Matt Bowels, shares how remaining curious and seeking opportunities during big changes have fueled his passion for travel, adventure, and business.
If you are interested in the digital nomad life then tune in to hear the wisdom Matt has gained from traveling and running his Real Estate company in 65 countries on 6 continents over the past 8 years.
When was the last time you were at a magical crossroads in life and what course did you take? I’d love to hear about your experience and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
Today’s episode is also being sponsored by Expedia’s new podcast Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip.
Tune In To Learn:
- 11:45 How the decision to study abroad inspired lifelong passion for travel
- 16:30 Lessons as an exchange student in Ireland
- 19:20 How studying International Peace and Conflict in Grad School shaped Matt’s early life
- 23:10 How getting fired inspired Matt to start his own business
- 28:50 Why asking “what now?” is the key to opening new doors after setbacks
- 30:20 How the desire for autonomy fueled Matt’s path to entrepreneurship
- 33:00 What happened when Matt found himself at the “Magical Crossroads”
- 36:40 Matt’s experience spending 3 years in 5 countries for 2 months each
- 40:00 How unexpected change sparked Matt’s desire to build community while traveling
- 42:00 Thoughts and advice on managing major life transitions
- 46:30 Developing the 4 Pillars of Purpose
- 49:00 Why integrating your values into your business is so important
- 52:50 How Matt committed to his Real Estate business and fought imposter syndrome
- 1:00:20 What it’s like to ride the entrepreneurial roller coaster
- 1:02:50 Real Estate advice and resources from the expert himself
- 1:07:30 Advice to running a business while living abroad
- 1:10:50 Destination recommendations for long term travelers
- 1:15:30 Lightning Round Q&A
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
- Out Travel The System Podcast
- Listen to Matt’s Podcast The Maverick Show
- Connect with Matt on Instagram
- Check Out Matt’s Real Estate company Maverick Investor Group
- Read Traveling While Black by Nanjala Nyabola
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- The Current State of Digital Nomadism + DNX Global Roundup
- What Does “Home” Mean For Nomads w/ Diego Bejarano Gerke
- Traveling While Black w/ Nanjala Nyabola
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!