Have you ever wondered how to invest in your future while embracing a travel-centered present?
Today I am joined by Kristin Meador, a financial expert who specializes in supporting location-independent businesses, in learning about best practices for managing your finances no matter where you are and what you’re doing.
After years of working 80+ hour weeks for a large accounting firm, Kristin’s burnout caused her to make a radical change – sell everything and travel. About a year into her journey, she realized that she could use her skills as a corporate CPA to create her own cloud-based accounting business and create a location-independent lifestyle. She founded Gradient Accounting when she realized she could meet the unique needs of digital nomads, providing simple answers to sometimes scary and complex questions.
If want to be sure you are making the best approach toward money management and travel, then you won’t want to miss today’s episode. Kristin shares the story of how travel inspired her to start her own business, how to define your core values to assist in big financial decisions, the pros and cons of the FIRE movement, finding the balance between investing and traveling, and so much more.
What is your money mindset? I’d love to hear about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is brought to you by The North Face – providing athlete-tested Jackets that are proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com. This episode is also brought to you by US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card get 4 X the points on eating out and 2 X the points on groceries, entertainment services, and gas or EV charge stations. Apply today at usbank.com/altitudego to get 20,000 points by spending $1000 in your first 90 days.
Tune In To Learn:
- Why Kristen is my financial mentor
- What caused Kristin to develop a love for travel from an early age
- Why do Kristin and her husband make it a point to travel together and separately
- The importance of discussing travel goals and values in your relationship
- Advice for balancing work and travel when living abroad
- Why travel helps inspire creativity in business
- How to embrace living in the now by being intentional with your time
- All about burnout – how to spot it and what to do about it
- The moment Kristin decided to travel full-time and the places she visited her first year
- Pros and cons surrounding the FIRE movement
- Why there is no drug more addictive than the biweekly paycheck
- How to find a balance between saving and investing
- Why understanding your core values will help you make difficult financial decisions
- How Kristin budgets for adventures and travel
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- The North Face & US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsors
- Learn about Travel As A Tax Write Off
- Subscribe to Kristin’s YouTube Channel
- Get help from Gradient Accounting
- Follow Kristin Meador on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Making Sense of Cents: Personal Finance and Travel + Is This The Best time EVER to Travel?
- How To Retire Early and Travel the World
- How to Travel with Less Money, Start Working on the Road, and Never Settle Down w/ Nora Dunn
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!