This is a very special episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast because I got to sit down with Nora Dunn from The Professional Hobo in person, to talk about full-time travel.
Nora has been traveling full-time for eight years and she’s just written a book called Live and Work from Anywhere.
In this episode, we talk about settling down, saving for travel, how much money you need to travel long-term, and how to work from the road.
Listen to the podcast to learn:
- Why Nora hates the phrase “to settle down”
- Why the location independent lifestyle is here to stay
- The importance of being flexible
- What the future of location independence holds
- How to go from zero to digital nomad
- How to balance work and life on the road
- Why Nora burned out and how she was forced to reexamine her life
- The importance of entertaining possibilities
- The one exercise you have to do tonight
- Nora’s best travel practices
- The questions to answer to find out how much money you need to save for travel
- The first step to taking control of your finances
- How much money to have in your emergency fund
- How Nora managed to spend only $173 on accommodation in 2011
- How to manage your taxes on the road
- The health insurance you need to travel long-term
- What Nora is most grateful for
- The Professional Hobo
- Live and Work from Anywhere
- Chris Guillebeau
- Dear Nora: How Much Money do I Need to Travel Long Term? (Credit Walk)
- The Caretaker Gazette
- Location Indie
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!