Do you ever dream about living a life of full-time travel but wish you knew where to start?
Today I am joined by the founder of The Nomad Experiment and my dear friend, Jason Robinson, who at age 39 had only seen 2 countries outside the United States. After a few years and a lot of trial and error, Jason published his first book, The Beginner Traveler’s Guide To Going Nomad.
If you are thinking about becoming fully nomadic or have curiosity about long-term travel then you don’t want to miss this episode. We cover tips and strategies to help you get started, why tough love is crucial to success, traveling with autoimmune disease, and so much more.
What are your travel goals for the upcoming year? I’d love to hear all about them and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip. Today’s episode is sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons. We are also proud to be supported by Expedia’s new podcast, Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip.
Tune In To Learn:
- 09:30 How life is different since becoming a digital nomad
- 13:30 The impact of a global pandemic on a full-time traveler
- 17:40 What it’s like to manage an autoimmune disease on the road
- 27:00 All about Jason’s upcoming trip to Portugal and why having a plan pays off
- 30:50 Insight on ravel insurance vs. traditional insurance
- 34:50 Why tough love can and will change your life
- 39:30 The difference between a “before list” and a “bucket list”
- 41:50 How Jason creates goals for his “before list”
- 46:10 Helpful tips for creators and entrepreneurs using Kickstarter
- 50:00 Where to buy Jason’s book and how to be a travel conscious spender
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, Wildly Goods, & Out Travel The System – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Jason’s website
- Get your copy of The Beginner Traveler’s Guide To Going Nomad
- Follow Jason Robinson on Instagram, YouTube, & Facebook
- Location Indie
- Life As An Experiment w/ Jason Robinson
- Random Travel Jobs, Digital Nomading and Slow Travel with Hannah Dixon
- Nomad On A Wire: The Delicate Balance of Travel and Work
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!