Is Ireland on your list of places to visit?
Today I’m joined by National Geographic tour leader and author Jack Kavanagh to give us the scoop on his homeland of Ireland.
Jack Kavanagh is an expert traveler, journalist, writer, and tour leader for National Geographic Expeditions. He has worked as an editor for National Geographic International Editions and was the senior editor for National Geographic Books. Jack is the author of National Geographic Complete National Parks of Europe and is currently writing a book about Unesco World Heritage Sites. His newest book, Always Ireland: An Insider’s Tour of the Emerald Isle, offers the ultimate insider’s tour of Ireland’s most iconic sites.
This episode will make you want to jump on a plane and head straight to The Land of Saints and Scholars. Jack shares his insight into all things Ireland, from the culture and where to find the best traditional music to the less-touristed road trips worth taking. You’ll learn why chatting and daydreaming are Ireland’s two unofficial past times, which festivals are worth a visit, where to find some of the best nature, and plenty more!
Where in Ireland are you headed to first? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1
Tune in to Learn:
- Jack’s life in Philadelphia and experiencing Ireland with fresh eyes
- How Jack carved out his career, his new book, and why he considers it a ‘dreamer’s guide’
- Jack’s advice on trip planning and driving around Ireland
- The importance of talking with locals and leaving a day for nothing
- Why the Irish are great storytellers
- The best places to get out in nature
- The culture around music and the best pubs for live music
- My favorite travel moments in Ireland
- Jack’s favorite road trips, the quintessential Irish pub experience, and the town you don’t want to miss
- The future of tourism in Ireland and the rise of film tourism (Star Wars festival?!)
- Local festivals that most travelers never experience
- The Irish food revolution and must-try dishes
- What Jack is chatting and daydreaming about these days
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Today’s Sponsor, Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card
- Grab a copy of Jack’s book, Always Ireland
- Check out the Nat Geo Expeditions Ireland tour
- Follow Jack on Instagram
- Ireland: Travel, Music, and History w/ Garvan Rushe
- Hiking the West Highland Way w/ Lynne Nieman
- 5 Must-See Destinations in 2023 with National Geographic Travel Senior Editor Amy Alipio (Plus Learn How to Successfully Pitch Nat Geo)
Thanks to our Sponsors
- This episode is sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
Photo by John Finkelstein on Unsplash
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!
Want to Travel More?
You need a plan. Sign up to access this mini-course, get exclusive content and join our amazing community of travelers. It’s all FREE!