What destinations are on your list of places to visit in 2023?
Today I am joined by the senior editor for National Geographic Traveler, Amy Alipio, to talk about 5 of her favorite destinations from Nat Geo’s Best of the World 2023 List.
With a career 20+ year career at National Geographic, Amy provides an insider perspective on how the publication upholds integrity and creates great stories.
Writers and Photographers take note because she also shares expert tips for how to pitch a story that stands out giving you the best chance to get your work into Nat Geo.
If you are currently manifesting which destinations to visit next, you will not want to miss this episode. Amy shares her favorite destinations from the categories of family, adventure, culture, nature, and community, she also gives insight into how to tell a great story, the process National Geographic uses to curate content, and so much more.
Which of these destinations have you added to your bucket list? I’d love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t miss out on a very special Premium Passport sale to celebrate 10 years of doing the show. Get 50% off the lifetime membership now through January 10th, 2023. If you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport today and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- What motivated Amy to attend college abroad and what it taught her
- How Amy’s personal travel style differs from work trips
- Highlights from 20+ years as a travel writer
- What sparked Amy’s love for traveling
- The process National Geographic uses to curate great travel content
- How to create a unique story and find your voice as a writer
- Advice for creating a pitch that Nat Geo will actually read
- The responsibilities of modern travel journalism today and exciting e
- Where to go to get a meal cooked by natural Hotsprings
- The lesser-known but equally breathtaking alternative to Machu Pichu
- Which country you should visit with the whole family
- What destination do you need to visit if you love history
- The Canadian province that emphasizes and respects community
- Highlights from 10 years recording Zero to Travel
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card – Today’s Sponsor
- Nat Geo’s Best of the World 2023 List
- World’s Cheapest Destinations Updated w/ Tim Leffel
- Up and Coming Destinations (And Digital Nomad Hotspot): Bulgaria with Mitko
- Destination Bonanza w/ Chris Christensen
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!