How would you describe your current level of happiness and what would need to change to increase it?
This week I am joined by award-winning journalist and bestselling author, Eric Weiner, to explore the many themes of his book The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World, and explore what it means to be happy.
If you want to transform your outlook and increase your happiness, then you don’t want to miss this episode. Eric shares stories from his time spent as a foreign war correspondent during the rise of the Taliban, his decision to leave behind a successful career at NPR, lessons from traveling the world to write his first book, and so much more.
How does traveling make you a better version of yourself? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- Why Eric Weiner describes himself as better on the road
- How taking a break familiarity inspires a fresh outlook
- The secret benefit of living and traveling expectations free
- Reasons unhappiness is just as crucial to living a meaningful life
- How staying true to yourself will never lead you wrong
- What it was like to live in India foreign war correspondent
- How to treat the world as a laboratory of ideas
- Why it’s important to let go of things not meant for you
- How an apartment in Kazakhstan turned into the idea for Eric’s first book
- The unexpected places that taught Eric the most about happiness
- What is the difference between an interview and a conversation
- How to embrace duality to be the best version of yourself
- The principle embraced in Iceland that leads to greater happiness
- Eric’s best advice for creative writers
- My biggest takeaways from the book
- And so much more!
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Get a copy of The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World
- Check out Eric Weiner’s other books on his website
- Sign up for the Bhutan writing workshop
- Learn more about Erasmus Happiness Economics Research Organisation
- Location Indie
- What Is “Happiness”? Discovering Meaning On The Silk Road w/ Will Rickard
- How To Add More Play Into Your Life w/ Jeff Harry
- Settling With The Nomad Spirit + The Beauty in Ugly
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!