What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about the ingredients that make an epic adventure?
George Mahood’s adventure took shape during a night at the pub when he and his buddy devised a plan to cycle the full length of Great Britain with nothing but their underwear- no clothes, no money, and no bike! If that’s not epic, I don’t know what is!
If you’re curious about what it takes to have once in a lifetime experience centered around the generosity of strangers, then you don’t want to miss this week’s episode.
Have you ever tried traveling outside the box to create a one-of-a-kind experience? I’d love to hear your story and hope you will share it by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons.
Tune In To Learn:
- 07:30 Why George and Ben decided to cycle the length of Great Britain with no clothes
- 11:10 Exactly what is need to have an adventure
- 15:00 How terrible weather helped George and Ben get started
- 16:30 What George learned about money
- 19:00 The best and worst parts of having no money
- 22:30 Stories about some of the most unusual and generous people they met
- 26:50 Why cycling with less changes the usual troubles that come with bike trips
- 29:00 How George self-published his book about the trip
- 31:10 The processes of documenting the adventure
- 34:10 Incorporating adventure into daily life
- 38:20 How to settle back into normal life after an adventure
- 40:30 George’s advice for anyone who wants to have an adventure
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Wildly Goods Today’s Sponsor
- Check out more of George’s books
- Stay Up All Night Night
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- Norway To Cape Town On A Tandem Bike + How Sweet It Is
- How to Live Your Nomad Dream: One Family’s Epic Bike Ride
- Viking Biking: Opening Up Doors Wherever You Go
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!