When was the last time you focused primarily on the journey instead of on the destination when traveling?
Train travel expert and creator of seat61.com/, Mark Smith, shows us exactly how planning a train trip is a wonderful way to give greater meaning to your next travel adventure.
If you have ever considered planning a train trip but don’t know where to start, you won’t want to miss the wealth of knowledge and experience Mark offers in this episode.
Listen now to discover some of the best long-distance train journeys around the world (with a few surprises you’ve probably never heard of before!), what makes travel by train in the USA so great, how to save money on train travel anywhere including proven research techniques, expert planning advice that is guaranteed to save you time and money when booking your next trip and much more.
When and where will your next train adventure happen? I’d love to hear the details and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Expedia’s new podcast, Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip. This episode is also brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
Tune In To Learn:
- 12:20 Takeaways from traveling in Syria nearly a decade ago
- 16:40 How working for the railroad created Mark’s unique perspective on train travel
- 18:50 Why the journey gives relevance to the destination
- 23:30 Classic train journeys in the US
- 27:30 When to buy a train pass vs. individual tickets
- 32:00 Tips to optimize overnight train travel
- 34:20 Guidance for beginners
- 37:00 How to plan and execute epic journies like the Trans-Siberian Railway
- 39:00 Must-do train rides across the US and Europe
- 41:40 Mark’s most memorable travel companions
- 45:40 What the future of train travel looks like
- 47:50 Environmental impact of train vs. air travel
- 50:30 Resource recommendations
- 51:30 How an HTML book inspired Mark to build his business
- 58:15 Why and how train travel changed my life
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Out Travel The System & Better Help – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Mark’s Website and follow him on YouTube
- German Railways
- Eurail Pass: Is It Worth It? (An In-Depth Guide)
- Location Indie
- Enjoy The Process of Everything With Dylan Magaster
- How A Pilgrimage Can Transform Your Life w/ Paul Barach
- The Other Side Of Budget Travel: Train Hopping, Gatherings, And More With Wanderpunk Matt Derrick
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!