Tony Giles has visited 130 countries on 7 continents and counting. He’s written 3 books, delivered an epic TEDx talk, and has been featured in major media all over the globe, including the BBC and Travel + Leisure.
In this episode, Tony shares his inspiring story of traveling the world as a blind solo traveler. He talks about his struggles growing up with alcohol and kidney disease, his trust in strangers, the surprising advantages of being blind, how he unintentionally became a motivational speaker, and so much more.
How did Tony’s story change your perspective on travel?
I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you’ll share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- How Tony become blind and partially deaf, and his personal struggles with alcohol addiction and kidney disease
- The pivotal moments that sparked Tony’s passion for travel and the challenges he’s overcome
- How Tony’s book, “Seeing the World My Way,” came to fruition and the therapeutic effects of sharing his story
- How Tony navigates through the world by utilizing “body feeling”
- The drawbacks of traveling as a sighted person and the advantages of traveling blind (like being able to touch the Liberty Bell!)
- The story of how he unintentionally became an inspirational speaker
- Why Tony feels he is less vulnerable than sighted people and how he’s learned to trust others
- What solo travel has taught Tony about himself
- His most memorable interactions and experiences
- Which countries may be more difficult for him to visit
- Where you should visit on your trip to England
- His best travel advice for everyone
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card -Today’s Sponsor
- Check out Tony’s Website
- Listen to the TEDx Talk
- Grab Tony’s Book – Seeing a Slice of Southern Africa My Way
- Legendary Blind Adventurer Erik Weihenmayer: Kayaking 277 Miles Down The Grand Canyon
- Riding 16,000 Miles Blind
- Joys of Solo Travel
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- This episode is also sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!
Want to Travel More?
You need a plan. Sign up to access this mini-course, get exclusive content and join our amazing community of travelers. It’s all FREE!