Have you ever wondered what it would be like to make a radical change in the way you experience day-to-day life?
Today I am joined by long-time listeners and founders of The Giving Experiment, Owen and Christina Dargatz, to learn all about their family’s transition from life in a cushy Canadian ski town to becoming members of a small Guatemalan community.
In May of 2021, the family of 7 arrived in Guatemala with the goal of understanding how they could enhance the lives of others. They have not looked back since and have started a plethora of projects including a community garden and food forest, a neighborhood music academy, workshops and courses to support local entrepreneurs, just to name a few.
If you have ever sought a simpler way of life, you will not want to miss this episode. We dive into what it’s like to live abroad with 5 kids, why less is always more, how travel has the power to transform your belief system, the beauty of giving and receiving, and so much more.
What does discomfort mean to you and how has it helped you grow? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- The unlikely way that Owen and Christina fell in love
- Why trusting intuition led to the realization it is possible to live abroad with children
- What made Owen and Christina want to “escape from comfort”
- The water shut-off experiment that set their family free
- How to help your kids adjust to major life changes
- Why finances played a big role in the decision to move to San Pedro, Guatemala
- The mindset required to switch to an experimental way of life
- What it means to redefine what success looks like
- How to keep financial stress at bay when living with a giving mindset
- The biggest changes they have seen in their kids since moving to Guatemala
- Why you should teach your children it’s okay to struggle
- The benefits of pausing relationships and missing your loved ones
- Owen and Christina’s biggest takeaways from living in Guatemala
- How to break free from the mold of other’s expectations
- Easy ways you can give back to your own community
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Check out The Giving Experiment
- Follow @the.giving.experiment on Instagram
- Learn more about Charity Water
- Resettling Abroad and Overseas Education
- Learning Through Travel: Gap Year, Career Breaks, and Beyond w/Jennifer Miller from BootsnAll.com
- Discovering Meaningful Work Through Travel
Thanks to Our Sponsors:
- Better Help – visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
- US Bank Visa Platinum – get a 0% intro APR for 18 billing cycles and no annual fees, this card is a tool for getting ahead. Visit usbank.com/platinum to signup today.
- The North Face – athlete-tested Jackets that are proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!