Have you ever wondered what type of adventure is waiting in your own backyard?
This week I am joined by Michael Shanks, who put that question to the test when he went on an epic quest to run every one of Glasgow’s 6110 Streets.
If you have ever yearned to explore your city in a new way, you don’t want to miss this episode. We talk about what inspired Michael to start his journey, the surprising things he learned about Glasglow along the way, and why anybody can accomplish big goals.
What is your favorite way to explore your home city or town? I’d love to about it and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
This episode is brought to you by the US Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature Card, earn 5% cash back for doing what you love, and visit their website to discover how you can get a $200 cashback bonus. This episode is also brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
Tune In To Learn:
- How Michael transitioned from writing speeches for politicians to teaching highschool
- The importance of building media literacy in a digital age
- What made Michael decide to run every street in Glasgow
- Why Michael didn’t listen to music on his runs
- How long this quest took and what kept Michael motivated
- Surprising lessons learned about Glasgow along the way
- The next big running quest on Michael’s radar
- What it was like to get so much media coverage
- Why the focus of this journey centered around exploration and fun
- How Michael stayed organized and committed to his goal
- Takeaways from my recent trip to the U.S.
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- US Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature Card & Better Help – Today’s Sponsors
- Learn more about Michael’s Journey
- Map your journey with City Strides
- Learn more about Rickey Gates and his run through every single street in San Francisco
- 900 Miles Biking (With No Clothes, Money or Bike!)
- The World Walk (4 Years In) With Tom Turcich
- The Meaning of Life With Biciclown
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!