Are you the type of traveler that avoids crowded tourist destinations at all costs?
Accomplished author and globe trotter, Gunnar Garfors, shares his experience and wisdom gained from seeking out the road less traveled and writing a book about the hidden secrets of his home country Norway.
If you’re curious to learn more about how curiosity and adaptability can help you achieve a one-of-a-kind adventure experience, you don’t want to miss this episode.
What is the most memorable travel experience that led you somewhere unexpected? I’d love to hear about it and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons. We also have my favorite language learning tool back as a sponsor and that is Pimsleur. This program is used by millions of people and is so much more exciting, engaging and it works!
Tune In To Learn:
- 10:40 How the pandemic influenced Gunnar’s travels and deep dive into Norway
- 18:30 What exactly does getting off the beaten track mean
- 22:00 How to research and plan for a trip outside off tourist hot spots
- 26:50 Advice for connecting with locals amongst diverse cultures and customs
- 33:10 Thoughts on exposing unexposed locations
- 35:30 A few favorite destinations and experiences that helped inspire the book
- 55:10 Gunnar’s proudest accomplishment in writing “Beyond the Beaten Track”
- 58:15 Reflections on living away from home and whether world travel is back
- 01:04:05 Top 3 takeaways from Gunnar’s interview
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Wildly Goods & Pimsleur – Today’s Sponsors
- Learn more about all of Gunnar’s adventures on his website and follow his Instagram
- Check out Gunnar’s Podcast Globsrulett
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- Visiting Every Country In The World…TWICE with Gunnar Garfors
- Getting Off The Beaten Path with Writing Legend Joe Cummings
- Lessons From Traveling To 193 Countries While Working Full Time w/ Brian Asher
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!