Do you ever wish you could just slow down?
Today I am joined by a long-time digital nomad and founder of Wandering Earl Tours, Derek “Earl” Baron to dive into the best countries to settle in and spend quality time.
Derek set off for his first trip in December of 1999 and has been traveling the world non-stop since. Having visited over 100 countries, totaling nearly 8000 days on the road (at the time of this interview) he has the unique perspective of someone who has spent over 2 decades living, working, and building relationships abroad.
If you are in the midst of making travel plans for the coming year, you will definitely want to tune into today’s episode. Derek shares how to find the right place to spend quality time, tips for finding good housing abroad, the best country to make friends, advice for building relationships on the road, and so much more.
Where is the last place you spent quality time? I’d love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
- How to balance and honor shifting values when traveling long-term
- What being stuck in Bali for 7 months taught Derek about burnout
- Takeaways from watching the digital nomad lifestyle grow in popularity
- What it was like to be a digital nomad in the 90s
- Key differences between being part of a local community vs. a travel community
- What it means to spend “quality time” in a new place
- Tips and tricks for finding housing abroad
- Advice for building meaningful relationships while traveling
- The best place to easily make friends with locals
- Upcoming small group trips hosted by Wandering Earl Tours
- How Derek “turns on” as an introvert when leading a travel adventure
- What it was like to be an American traveling through Iraq
- The experience of coming back to the U.S. as an ex-pat
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- The North Face & Shopper Cash Rewards Vista Signature Card – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Wandering Earl
- Travel with Wandering Earl Tours
- An Interview With Wandering Earl
- Travel Tactics 3: How to Extend Any Trip, Learn Languages & Use Tech to Get Cheap Flights
- Rob Greenfield On How To Travel Moneyless, Wandering With Purpose and Simple Living
Thanks to Our Sponsors
- The North Face – athlete-tested Jackets that are proven to be highly insulated, warm, breathable & durable so you can focus on what matters. It’s more than a jacket, it’s a calling to get out and explore. Get yours today in stores or at www.thenorthface.com
- US Bank Shopper Cash Rewards Vista Signature Card – earn up to 6% cash back at selected stores. Visit https://usbank.com/shopper to get $250 Cashback after spending $2000 in the first 120 days of opening your account
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!