Have you ever wondered how to turn the adversity in your life into a positive asset?
Today I am joined by a true polymath, Tayo Rockson, to discuss what it means to “Use Your Difference to Make a Difference.” As a professor, consultant, speaker, poet, and author Tayo has explored how growing up as a 3rd culture kid gave him the unique ability to help others bridge the gap to become culturally fluent.
If you love immersing yourself in local culture while traveling, you are not going to want to miss this episode. Tayo shares the lessons he’s learned growing up a minority in 5 countries over 4 continents, how to have cultural fluency as a traveler, the key to changing old behavior, and why no lived experience is wasted.
What kind of contract would you make with yourself for future growth? I’d love to hear what it looks like and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
This episode is brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
Tune In To Learn:
- The importance of finding the balance between being alone and loneliness
- Tayo’s process for reflecting, goal setting, and prioritizing as a polymath
- What it was like to grow up as a 3rd culture kid
- How to build cultural fluency as a traveler
- The question to ask if you want to walk in someone else’s shoes
- How to find the balance between being yourself and fitting into a new culture
- Why self-awareness is key to unlearning harmful constructs
- How to listen to your internal reactions and intuition to navigate life
- Advice for rethinking and reinventing your path
- Why Tayo’s near-death experience was so formative for his future
- How focusing on diversity and inclusion will help your business thrive
- What it means to be anti-racist
- All about the term “Use your difference to make a difference”
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Better Help – Today’s Sponsor
- Learn more about Tayo Rockson
- Get a copy of Use Your Difference to Make a Difference
- Listen to the As Told by Nomads podcast
- Join the UYD Collective
- Location Indie
- Culture Shock: The Good, Bad and Ugly
- Language Hacking and Location Independence with Idahosa Ness
- 20 Lessons From 20 Years of Travel: Part Two
Photo Credit: https://tayorockson.com/aboutpage
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!