What does it feel like to reach the end of an era?
Well, you’re about to find out.
Today’s extra special episode is 6 years in the making and marks the end of Tom Turcich’s (and his dog Savannah’s) epic journey of 7 years walking across 6 continents.
In this 3-part trilogy, you will hear from Tom at the ages of 26, 30, and 33 as he shares the unique experiences and challenges that could only come from years of traveling the world by foot.
As the 10th person (and first dog ever) to successfully walk around the world, Tom has a multitude of stories and insights that are bound to blow your mind, so you are not going to want to miss this episode. We talk about the pursuit and fulfillment of dreams, facing hardship, making sacrifices, testing limits, finding humanness, stamina, mindfulness, and so much more.
What are your biggest takeaways from this epic travel trilogy? I’d love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Tune In To Learn:
Part 1 (05:35) – The Beginning – August 2016, 15 months into the walk
- Why it is important to seize the day and honor the importance of travel
- The best way to forget the rules and adapt
- How to simplify long-term travel
- Tips for coping with gradual shifts in climate and culture
- Tactics for navigating strangers and strange encounters
- How much it costs per day to walk around the world
- The best way to tap into sources of motivation
Part 2 (1:00:40) – The Middle – June 2019, 4 years into the walk
- What it was like to start walking again after illness
- The most effective way to move internationally
- How to find water, food, and a place to sleep no matter where you are
- All about the 45-day police escort through Algeria
- How to acquire “wealth” through walking and camping
- How to get your dog overseas (and into hotels)
Part 3 (1:59:30) – The End – August 2022, 7 years into the walk
- What it feels like to be done with a 7 year walk around the world
- How the Covid-19 Pandemic changed the way Tom traveled
- What made Tom start to imagine life after the walk
- Why the most difficult part of the walk was unexpected
- How the walk has changed Tom’s life and relationships
- The untapped importance of leaning into humanness
- The best part about being back with friends and family
- What’s next for Tom Turchich
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Check out The World Walk website
- Join Tom Turcich’s Patreon Community
- Follow Tom on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube
- Learn more about Tom’s Journey
- The World Walk with Tom Turcich
- The World Walk (4 Years In) With Tom Turcich
- The First Woman To Walk Around The World with Polly Letofsky
Photo Credit: http://theworldwalk.com/
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!