Are you wondering whether the time has finally come to escape to Europe this summer but still feel apprehensive to pull the trigger on travel plans?
Travel Journalist and NY times contributor Paige McClanahan shares her thoughts on traveling Europe in 2021 from the unique perspective of someone who left the U.S. in 2008 to travel the world, eventually settling down in a small village in the French Alps.
If you are someone who is itching to travel to Europe but invested in being a responsible and respectful world citizen in a post-pandemic world, then you don’t want to miss this episode.
Do you have any international travel plans this summer? I’d love to hear what they are and hope you will share them by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Check out Zero To Travel Premium Passport.
Today’s episode is being sponsored by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons. We also have my favorite language learning tool back as a sponsor and that is Pimsleur. This program is used by millions of people and is so much more exciting, engaging and it works!
Tune In To Learn:
- 10:40 How, where, and why Rachel settled down in the French Alps
- 15:00 Falling in love with the French culture as a child and now resident
- 17:20 Being drawn to a place you’ve never been
- 21:30 Living away from Family and the freedom to create a new culture
- 26:15 Working for the UN and the experience of an ex-pat vs immigrant
- 32:30 Travel in Europe today and how tourism affects local culture
- 38:30 What does Europe opening up look like this summer and how to navigate “over-tourism”
- 46:00 Resources for exploring natural areas abroad
- 52:10 Is it worth it to travel to Europe in Summer of 2021?
- 56:20 Picking a place you love to be and settling there
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Wildly Goods & Pimsleur – Today’s Sponsors
- Learn more about European Travel on Paige’s Blog
- Follow Paige on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Check out the IUCN Green List
- Location Indie
- Camp Indie
- How To Travel Europe on a Budget w/ Andy Steves
- Discovering The Hidden Europe w/ Francis Tapon
- How To Road Trip Around Europe
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!