How do your interests and hobbies inspire the way you travel and vise versa?
When the founder of Arc Surfboards, Timmy Smith, embarked on his first solo surf trip to Asia in 2019, he had no idea that mixing his love for surfing and travel would inspire him to start his first business.
Today we explore what happens when travel puts your life on a totally new trajectory, the mindset that allowed Timmy to go “all-in” with his business, some of the best surf spots in the world, the best resources for travelers who love to surf, and so much more.
Have you ever planned a trip surrounding a hobby or sport? I’d love to hear about your experience and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is sponsored by Expedia’s new podcast, Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip.
Tune In To Learn:
- 08:00 Why one simple decision can change your entire life
- 12:40 What helped Timmy accelerate his surfboard business
- 15:30 Finding balance when your business is part of your hobby
- 21:00 How to structure a physical business around your travel
- 24:15 What it was like to grow up surfing Boston’s harsh winters
- 27:20 The best resources for planning an epic surf trip
- 31:30 Timmy’s top 3 favorite surf spots in the world
- 39:00 Why surfing and travel go hand in hand
- 41:20 Pros and Cons of bringing a surfboard vs. renting on your next trip
- 48:10 The mindset tricks that helped Timmy go all-in on his business
- 53:30 Why it’s important to find joy in the process
- 57:50 The rewards of living life judgment-free
- 01:01:00 The importance of finding the silver lining in difficult situations
- 01:06:05 What makes travel so important to Timmy
- 01:11:50 3 benefits of working for someone else
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Out Travel The System,– Today’s Sponsor
- Check out Timmy’s company Arc Surfboards
- Reach out to Timmy on Instagram
- Monitor conditions with Surfline
- Take a look at Stab Magazine
- Location Indie
- Top 13 Traveling Adventure Sports
- Going Where Your Heart Wants To Be + How To Create & Sell A Physical Product w/ Paolo Dobrowolny
- 7 Pro Tips For Finding A Perfect Work/Life/Travel Balance w/ Kelly Claus & Jeremy Enns
Photo Credit: www.arcsurfboards.com
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!