Have you ever looked back in gratitude at what was once a painful experience?
This week’s guest, Michael Lavers, knows a thing or two about how sometimes overwhelming struggles can lead to unexpected growth. Now an English Teacher, Podcaster, and world traveler, Michael was once so shy he spent most of his first solo trip to a foreign country in his hotel room and at Starbucks.
If you want to better understand the mindset that can help overcome any life struggle then you won’t want to miss this episode. Michael shares all about how keeping an open mind, setting goals, and using the past as a learning tool helped him blossom into a confident traveler and entrepreneur.
How do you plan on using travel as a tool for future personal growth? I’d love to hear more about your goals and hope you will share more by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is sponsored by Expedia’s new podcast, Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip. This episode is also brought to you by Better Help, visit their website today to get 10% off your first month of services.
Tune In To Learn:
- 10:40 Why Michael’s first solo trip didn’t turn out as he expected
- 15:30 What it’s like to work at a crematorium
- 21:00 Lessons from a seemingly failed adventure
- 23:30 How shyness manifested throughout Michael’s life
- 25:40 When travel fueled a turning point to building confidence
- 31:20 The best advice for overcoming personal struggles when traveling
- 37:10 What it’s like to teach English as a free agent
- 40:00 Logistics behind supporting yourself financially by teaching English while traveling
- 42:20 What’s next for Michael Lavers
- 44:30 Advice on minimalism from a minimalist
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Out Travel The System & Better Help – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Michael’s website English With Michael
- Listen to the Level Up English Podcast
- Check out LighterPack
- Location Indie
- Joys of Solo Travel w/ Manjinder Kang
- Shamans, Solo Travel and a Healing Path
- How A Pilgrimage Can Transform Your Life w/ Paul Barach
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!
Want to Travel More?
You need a plan. Sign up to access this mini-course, get exclusive content and join our amazing community of travelers. It’s all FREE!