Has a big epiphany ever caused you to instantly alter the trajectory of something in your life?
Today I am joined by loyal listener and international piano entertainer Matt Fetbrandt. When Matt reached out to tell me about the epiphany that changed his life, I knew right away his story had to be shared.
Over the past year, Matt has traveled over 16,000 miles, through 34 U.S. states, and 18 national parks, with no plans of stopping. Tune in to today’s episode to find out how in just 7 months Matt went from staying in a sober living home with only $12 to his name to saving $20,000 and living out his travel dreams.
When is the last time you acted on a spontaneous urge to travel? I’d love to hear all about your adventure and hope you will share by sending me an audio message.
Don’t forget that if you want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a bonus episode every month (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more. Click Here To Try Premium Passport For Only $1 and get:
- Access To The Zero To Travel Podcast Archives (300+ amazing episodes and growing)
- One Bonus Episode Per Month (Decided By YOU) + Exclusive Content You Can’t Hear Anywhere Else
- Ask Me (Jason) Your Burning Questions, and Get A Personal Answer!
- All Episodes Ad-Free (From April 2021 Onward)
Today’s episode is sponsored by Expedia’s new podcast, Out Travel The System, subscribe today to get tips, tricks, inspiration, and information to help plan your next trip. Today’s episode is also supported by the amazing folks over at Wildly Goods which helps to keep me (and my feet) ridiculously comfortable and blister-free through all seasons.
Tune In To Learn:
- 11:40 A musician’s take on the Nashville music scene
- 19:30 The root & growth of Matt’s passion for music
- 29:10 Lessons from living in New York City for 10 years
- 32:00 What it’s like to be a performer as an introvert
- 36:10 Creating community through music & setting the right vibe as a piano man
- 41:30 How the journey from addiction to recovery led to a passion for travel
- 46:20 What it’s like to live in a sober living home
- 49:20 The moment Matt’s life changed forever
- 50:40 How Matt saved $20,000 in less than a year
- 55:00 Why choose a lifestyle centered around growth
- 1:03:20 How Matt’s road trip got trip started
- 1:09:20 Finding the balance between spontaneity
- 1:11:10 What’s next in becoming a full-time nomad
- 1:14:30 Matt’s Top 3 Favorite Piano Tunes
- 1:19:20 Counterintuitive advice that could majorly pay off
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Out Travel The System & Wildly Goods – Today’s Sponsors
- Check out Matt’s website
- Follow Matt on Instagram & connect on LinkedIn
- Location Indie
- How to Travel with Less Money, Start Working on the Road, and Never Settle Down w/ Nora Dunn
- What It Takes To Go Location Independent
- Only $50 And A Dream: Biking Across The USA Solo With Zero Experience with Jasmine Reese
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!