Are you considering becoming a digital nomad or curious about the lifestyle? Kayla Ihrig is with me today to talk about the digital nomad lifestyle and the realities of working and living on the road.
Kayla’s a remote worker and business owner who’s been living and traveling abroad since 2017, when she bought a one-way ticket out of the US. She’s since traveled to a few dozen countries, earned a second nationality, and written the book How to Be a Digital Nomad.
In this episode, Kayla shares her journey to becoming a digital nomad and why there is no one-size-fits-all approach to the lifestyle. You’ll hear about the question she obsessed over that led to her decision to travel, her advice on building a reliable income, ways to keep travel interesting after doing it long-term, the concept of lifestyle deflation and preparing for going abroad, and much more! Whether you’re already living the life or just getting started, there’s something in this episode for everyone.
Where are you in your digital nomad journey? I’d love to hear about your experience and hope you’ll share sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click here to try Premium Passport for only $1.
Tune In To Learn:
- Her breaking point for deciding to travel and how she leaned into her inner wisdom to cut the cord from her “normal life”
- The realities of giving up “normal life” and why she’s grateful for the lifestyle she chose
- The story of the first digital nomad
- What it takes to travel and make a reliable income (and advice on giving up)
- Why the entrepreneurial mindset is essential even if you’re employed
- Her advice for setting yourself up before you leave vs. figuring it out on the road
- How her writing business came to fruition and why she’s an advocate for service-based businesses
- How to deflate your current lifestyle and prepare for your digital nomad life
- Why it may (or may not) be a good idea to tell others about your plans
- Why it’s valuable to connect with travelers before you even start
- Mindset advice for choosing a destination
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Today’s Sponsors – Airbnb, US Bank, Land Rover
- Grab her book, How to Be a Digital Nomad
- Follow Kayla on Instagram
- Send her an email
- The Location Free Lifestyle With Melody from Black Digital Nomad
- How to Become a Digital Nomad
- Lessons From “Failing” To Go Location Independent with Paul Lam
Thanks To Our Sponsors
- Sometimes, it just makes more sense. Book your next group stay with Airbnb!
- This episode is also sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
- You’re up for any challenge that comes your way, and the Land Rover Defender 110 is too. Learn more at landroverusa.com/defender.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!