Would you want to spend a season on a fishing boat? Hold on and get your sea legs ready! Today, you’re getting an inside look into the Alaskan fishing industry from longtime fisherman Patrick. You’ll hear all about his beginnings on board a fishing boat at 13 and his life now as the captain of his own ship (plus his plans to bring his girlfriend on board!). You’ll learn about making money while you travel, how to use seasonal jobs to fuel your adventures, and more.
Are you up for the adventure? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you’ll share by sending me an audio message.
We’re pulling past episodes from the archives to highlight travel jobs this month! This episode was originally published in 2019.
Tune In To Learn:
- The hierarchy and positions on a boat
- What you need to work on a fishing boat
- How to encounter locals (and the world) in a different way
- How his experiences redefined his baseline of comfort and who he is as a person
- The typical pay for fishing boat crews
- How to find work and tips to make sure you get on a good boat
- What you can do to be a great leader
- The reality of a fishing boat experience (vs. “reality” TV shows)
- How to stay safe on your boat (and onshore)
- Sustainability concerns around fishing
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Want to travel with me to Morocco? Sign up for more info!
- Today’s Sponsors – US Bank, Nissan, Wise, Go City
- How To Work For An Airline And Fly For Free: Travel Jobs Series
- Random Travel Jobs, Digital Nomading and Slow Travel with Hannah Dixon
- How To Travel The World Working On A Yacht (Travel Job Series)
Thanks To Our Sponsors
- US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card get 4 X the points on eating out and 2 X the points on groceries, entertainment services, and gas or EV charge stations. Apply today at usbank.com/altitudego to get 20,000 points by spending $1,000 in your first 90 days.
- There’s no better vehicle for adventure than the 2024 Nissan Pathfinder. Learn more at www.nissanusa.com.
- Wise can help you send, spend, and receive internationally without the hidden fees or exchange rate markups. Learn how Wise can work for you by downloading the app or visiting www.wise.com/travel.
- Save up to 50% on the best attractions, tours, and activities with Go City. Visit zerototravel.com/gocity and use the promo code ‘ZEROTOTRAVEL5’ for an additional 5% off.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!