Today, I’m joined by my friend Travis Sherry to learn how to use real estate and short-term rentals to support your travel lifestyle. Whether you’re new to the game or a real estate pro, this episode has value for everyone!
Travis and his wife Heather combined their love for travel and real estate to build a thriving short-term rental business. One of their properties has even been featured in Conde Nast Traveler as one of the top 14 best beach rentals in the United States! Travis is also the founder of the travel community Extra Pack of Peanuts and the co-founder of Location Indie, a global community for people looking to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
In this episode, Travis breaks down his top five strategies, from the lowest monetary investment to the highest. He’ll dispel common myths, share his favorite hacks, and we’ll explore some key mindset shifts that will completely change your perspective on real estate.
What was your biggest takeaway? Which strategy will you try first? I’d love to hear your thoughts and hope you’ll share them by sending me an audio message.
- Want access to the private Zero To Travel podcast feed, a monthly bonus episode (decided on by YOU), exclusive content, direct access to me to answer your questions, and more? Click here to try Premium Passport for only $1.
Tune In To Learn:
- The misconception about real estate
- Travis’ story with real estate and how he ended up in North Carolina
- Why you shouldn’t be intimidated by real estate or more experienced investors
- The biggest advantage that has served Travis more than anything else
- The easiest way to get started and make money while you travel
- How to get in the game without purchasing any property
- How to house hack and get creative with your property or home to generate income
- How to earn passive income with short-term rentals
- The benefits of investing and the unique way he’s leveraging investment properties
- Travis’ top resources to dive into real estate and his best advice for getting started
- And so much more
- Join Zero To Travel Premium Passport
- Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
- Today’s Sponsors – Airbnb, US Bank, Uncommon Goods
- Learn about Location Indie and Extra Pack of Peanuts
- Listen to his short-term rental series on the Extra Pack of Peanuts podcast
- Travis’ resources – Zillow, Redfin, LoopNet, AirDNA, BiggerPockets
- How to Get Incredible Airbnb Deals (and Save More Money) with Zach Busekrus from Sponstayneous
- How To Use Airbnb to Fund Your Travels (Even If You Don’t Own Anything Or Live Anywhere)
- The Paradise Pack Sessions: Jasper Ribbers from The Traveling Dutchman on Renting Your Home Out on Airbnb
Thanks To Our Sponsors
- Sometimes, it just makes more sense. Book your next group stay with Airbnb!
- This episode is also sponsored by US Bank’s Altitude Connect Visa Signature Card, with the ability to earn up to 5x the points on travel-related expenses like hotels, and rental cars, this card will get you the most return on your next trip.
- Get 15% off your next gift from Uncommon Goods by visiting uncommongoods.com/travel.
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!