Do you want to quit your job and get paid to travel the world? How about becoming a freelance travel journalist? Find out exactly what that involves in today’s episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast with Nikki Vargas from The Pin The Map Project.
In this episode of the podcast, you’ll learn:
- The three things you need to quit your job and travel the world.
- What inspired Nikki to start a travel blog
- Why Nikki gave herself three months of travel blogging before she invested in her site
- Why Nikki was frustrated with the travel blogging niche and how her frustration led to her filling a gap in the market
- The three ways Nikki makes money from travel writing
- The importance of website design for freelance writers
- How to drive traffic to your blog
- How to associate yourself with other travel bloggers to grow your blog
- The distinction between being a travel blogger and a freelance travel journalist
- How to build your portfolio so that you can get your articles published on the big sites
- The online tools Nikki uses to find travel writing jobs
- The difference between PR and advertising and how this affects the ethics of travel journalism
- How to review hotels and restaurants that don’t impress you
- How to balance traveling for work with traveling for yourself
- Audio course for people who want to quit their jobs and travel
- Food & Wine Magazine
- The Daily Meal
- Go Nomad
- The Pin The Map Project
- Thought Catalogue
- Nomadic Matt
- World of Wanderlust
- Elite Daily
- Matador U
- Guide to taking your travel site to the next level
- Funny mishaps and bloopers of a solo traveler
You're almost there!
Drop your email below so we can send your FREE course!