What is the best way to discover the truth about a place and its people?
In this episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast, you’ll hear from author, traveler, and adventure film maker Tom Allen.
You’ll gain a new perspective of Iran and see why the Iranian people are famous for their hospitality. You may even be inspired to plan your next trip there!
- The true definition of ‘adventurer’
- Why Iran is one of the most misunderstood countries in the world
- The creative process for an adventure film maker
- Why film is the best way to tell a story about a destination (see what it is really like there)
- Why the Iranian authorities may question you if you’re filming (and how to avoid trouble)
- How a local Iranian family will invite you into their home (for sweet tea, a meal, and a bed)
- How to balance film making and travel
- How intellectual and physical challenges make for a good story
- How to get involved in a global screening of Karun
- And much more!
- Tom Allen
- Leon McCarren
- Karun Film
- Personal & Meaningful Journeys By Bicycle: Epic Bike Rides With Tom Allen
- Location Indie
- Extra Pack of Peanuts
- Extra Pack of Peanuts- Karun: Leon McCarren
Looking for more Zero To Travel Podcasts? Check out the archives!