If you want to travel with intention and learn to know the places you visit on a deeper level, give this show a listen.
Chris Yager, founder of Where There Be Dragons has helped thousands of students over 20+ years by providing experiential education programs in developing countries.
In this show Chris shares his one of a kind perspective on a variety of topics that will get you thinking, and may even change some of the ways you travel. You’ll hear:
- How travel can act as a tool for self exploration
- What the torvex is and why to avoid it
- The right question to ask to seek out the secrets of any town, city or neighborhood
- Where to go to get immersed in the local scene
- How getting lost in a safe container can be an important strategy
- Why local guides are such a great on the ground resource
- Chris’ technique for meeting locals and getting invited over for dinner with strangers
- The importance of choosing the right perspective when things go sour
- How taking time off to travel can change your life
- And so much more!
* photo courtesy of thomaswanhoff