Get ready for Travel Photography 101!
What is your relationship with photography and travel?
Do you love taking pictures while you’re out on the road?
Should you take a photo or just enjoy the moment?
Some basics of the course:
- A guide on how you can take better photos on your journeys
- The simple elements of framing and composition
- Dispelling myths around travel photography and photography in general
- Tips on how to break into the travel photography business
- And much more!
Quick thanks to italki for supporting today’s podcast. Hook up with native speakers from around the world- learn a language, learn the basics, practice speaking, or get some guidance from a teacher. Buy one lesson, get one free for Zero to Travel listeners.
What You’ll Learn in Travel Photography 101:
- How to tell a story with your photos
- The realities of being a travel photographer
- The best time of day to take photos (think Golden and Blue)
- Why being uncomfortable will get you the best photo
- Why learning the ‘rule of thirds’ is a good idea
- Some basic gear recommendations
- How to get permission to take that unforgettable shot of a stranger
- Why you regret the photo you didn’t take
- 3 camera settings you need to master (to become a really good photographer)
- The difference between a professional photographer and an amateur
- Super Smartphone Travel Photography Tips With Shannon Locker
- How To Take Great Selfies While You’re Traveling
- Documenting Your Travels: Good or Bad?
- Location Indie Podcast
- Location Indie
- Travis Longmore Photography
- Never Ending Nomad Podcast
- Adobe Light Room
- That Photo Comp
Looking for more Zero to Travel podcasts? Head over to the archives now for all past episodes!
All images courtesy of Travis Longmore