How do you feel about overland travel in Central America?
In today’s Zero To Travel Podcast, I’m bringing you episode four of Travelosophy.
In this series I share thoughtful questions around long-term travel and/or travel as a lifestyle choice for any period of time.
Today you’ll hear about the best way to catch the travel fish (memorable travel experiences) and overland travel in Central America.
My guest today just finished driving through Central America, and he’s ready to share the best way to do it. Please welcome Ryan Shauers from desktodirtbag.com.
And thank you italki for supporting today’s show! Meet up over skype with people from all over the world to learn a new language. Buy one lesson, get one free for all Zero To Travel podcast listeners.
Listen Now to Learn:
- How to unlock a hidden world of infinite possibilities during your travels
- Another definition for ‘dirtbag’
- Where to find ‘normal’ people that do overland travel
- How to prepare your vehicle for overland travel
- Precautions to take while driving in Central America
- Primary benefits of overland travel
- How to deal with car insurance
- Best practices for cooking set up
- How to develop an organized system for storage
- General rules of the road for overland travel in Central America
- Best recommendations for sleeping spots
- The best amount of time to allot for a trip through Central America
- General daily budget you should think about
- Hidden gems and unexpected surprises in Central America
Be sure to head over to the archives for more Zero To Travel Podcasts!