Ready to travel in the middle east? After this podcast episode you might be!
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is a ton of information packed into this episode of the Zero To Travel Podcast:
- Adventure travel in the Middle East
- Travel photography
- Starting your own tour company
- And much more!
Today’s guest is the perfect guide- Genevieve Hathaway. She’s the founder of Archaeoadventures– a tour company providing women powered tours to the Middle East and north Africa. She’s also a professional photographer, world traveler, and just a really cool person! Be sure to check out some of her work here.
What you’ll learn about travel in the middle east:
- What it’s really like to travel in the Middle East
- How to find a need and solve the problem
- What it’s like being the female Indiana Jones
- Top destinations to visit in the Middle East
- Why people actually look out for you in the Middle East
- How to behave and dress as a woman traveler in the Middle East (much diversity here!)
- How meeting locals can open doors
- What goes into starting your own tour company (and some things to avoid…)
- How to tell stories through your camera
- Top tips to become a travel photographer (and get paid for it!)
- How personal photography projects help you standout
- Sign up for the Zero To Travel Toolkit
- Location Indie
- Archaeoadventure Tours
- Genevieve Hathaway
- Lonely Planet
- Rough Guides
- The Rough Guide to Turkey
- Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Looking for more Zero To Travel Podcasts? Head over to the archives for all past episodes!