Do you take your travel health seriously?
You might spend a lot of time pre-trip planning, but it’s easy to forget about the most important thing – your health.
Today you’ll hear from a true expert on travel health- she’s a medical doctor and a representative of the CDC, Phyllis Kozarsky, M.D.
With threats like malaria and other mosquito borne disease, viruses, and everything that’s out there – as a traveler you need to be informed and prepared….
You can’t let those health concerns scare you from traveling, but I strongly recommend you listen to what Dr. Kozarsky has to say. Set yourself up for a healthy trip, health on the road, and also coming home better than you ever felt before.
Today’s podcast could literally save your life!
Tune In To Learn:
- Why thinking you are invincible can be dangerous
- Ways to prepare before travel
- How far in advance to get vaccinations
- How to prevent malaria
- Why you need to look at geography and season when planning travel
- General costs to visit a travel clinic
- How to handle antibiotics when traveling
- The #1 cause of death for travelers (it’s not what you think)
- Why it’s a good idea to see a travel health specialist
- Tips for traveling with young children
- What you need to know about the Zika virus (symptoms or not)
- And much more
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- CDC- Find a Travel Clinic
- ISTM (The International Society of Travel Medicine)
- Travel Insurance 101 (An Audio Guide)
- CDC Travelers’ Health- Facebook
- CDC Travelers’ Health- Twitter
- Location Indie
- Staying Healthy While Traveling: A Quick Guide with Dr. Phyllis Kozarsky, M.D.
Want more Zero To Travel Podcasts? Head over to the archives now!